Monday, March 9, 2009

A Word About Typhus, er, Typos

My past experiences with blogging have not always proven terribly successful. One reason for that is that I never learned to type. I hunt and I peck. Usually, I manage to put out something fairly readable. But this is the main problem with me blogging for any sustained length of time. I just don't like to sit and type.

In the hopes of being able to create more without having to pound the keyboard, I took advantage of the demise of Circuit City to acquire program called Dragon Naturally Speaking. So far it has done a good job converting speech to text. I probably have grown to trust it more than I should. So there will be errors in my posts that I will catch and errors that I won't. For example, I might say “yet” and the program might think I said “it.” I'll proofread everything before I post it, but it's hard to proof your own work, because you know what you meant to say and your mind will often read what you thought you wrote. At least mine will.

Just another way that I've been fooling myself for all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment